Gasket for miller headlilght glass/reflector - Where can I get one

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looking for a new cork gasket to fit between the glass and reflector on a 6.5 headlight.

Anyone know where I can get one from?

vibrac

VOC Member
buy some cork sheet and get cutting there is plenty of outlets on the web
some strange people actually use miller headlight gasket raw material like wallpaper and put it on their walls.

Rob H

VOC Member
buy some cork sheet and get cutting there is plenty of outlets on the web
some strange people actually use miller headlight gasket raw material like wallpaper and put it on their walls.

Good Plan, thx

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Insert the reflector into the shell and smear a thin spread of grease to the reflector lip.
Clean the lens mating surface with lacquer thinner or some equally good solvent.
Apply a bead of clear silicone a tiny bit proud of the original gasket thickness.
Attach without clamping it tight.
Allow the rubber to cure completely...... then clamp it home.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I never thought about it from that angle...... can you actually see the gasket when the chrome ring is in place? I forget.

vibrac

VOC Member
Doesn't matter if you can see it, those Concours judges have x ray equipment.
How else can they tell if the pin in the mainshaft is the correct size or if a Rapide has Vibrac rods?

Paul Ennis

VOC Member
I wrapped the edge of my Miller glass with self-amalgamating tape, it forms a nice neat rubber seal.

Paul.

nkt267

VOC Member
I never did care much for what judges thought.... I cared about what the fellow riding my work thought.
YUUP..Concours or not.Matching numbers or not,if it ride well it's a good un'..John