Sat-Navs Garmin Quest2

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Gps

The advantages of a GPS: 1) become apparent once you need two pairs of glasses (reading and distance) since it is far enough away to read without taking your eyes off the road for what seems like too long to peer at a map, 2) saves me having to stop every two minutes because i've forgotten whether the map said to turn left or right and 3) it saves space. The Quest2 is about the size of a tape cassette box (remember those?) and holds detailed maps of the whole of western Europe almost to dirt-track level. I've found it marvellous in European cities - it mastered Burgos's fiendish one-way system perfectly, but have found it best to program it using a map to force the route i want to ride.

Anyway Keith, you're thinking of Gerbils. Again.

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Infallable GPS

I've been using an older type of GPS for many years. It is two pieces of Macrilon on Terry clips attatched to the handlebars of the Vin. It contains ( in large print ) my directions to my destination, and on the reverse it has the return route. There is nor locking up or freezes and no one but the operator - read programmer - to blame. When you are deaf in one ear and can't read the screen these electronic thingamijigs are not for everyone.
Tongue firmly in cheek,
ET43