Garage Security

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When I started this thread, it was only 'for information'
This wasn't meant as a criticism of you Graham. I sometimes feel that the Rose and Crown forum is used more because it is at the top of the screen and that the Members Forum is overlooked as it is below the divider.
I have also felt that in the past that the Rose and Crown has not been the best place for some threads as they are more the domain of the 'Club'..John

Last edited:
G

Graham Smith

Stuart Metcalfe or I can always move threads into different forums if necessary.

I do, and have moved threads in the past, but if I miss anything, please don't hesitate to let either of us know, and we can move it without too much fuss!

nkt267

VOC Member
Anyway,back to garage security.I found a length of scaffolding padlocked into 2 large eyes 1 each side of the door stops anyone crashing through your up and over door..john

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
I was convinced by the John Stalker ads for unbeatable security, apparently if anyone tries to break into my garage, the rest of the house will fall down first, I think I am reassured by this, my nationwide door should resist the attack from a jcb teleporter, (however, anyone with a bluetooth "grabber" has easy access to a wide range of dysfunctional v twins)

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Is an up and over door a single plane that pivots from vertical to horizontal above the car? Most US doors are articulated 12" wide sections. The device must block the lower edge of the door from pivoting out from the closed position.

donrapide

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Any security is good, however even the best is of no avail, if as reported on another forum this happens.

It was a car in fact that was desirable, it was locked in a garage, alarmed with a truck parked tight up against the door.

On answering the door one night he found three men, one with sawn off shotgun saying 'move the f****** truck'.

This is not dissimilar to the often reported cases when one burglar threatens you and the other ransacks the house, also the cases when they steal the keys to the valuable car, parked outside, from inside the house.

Sorry to be so dismal but there are determined and violent criminals out there, it would be better to lose your bike rather than be badly hurt.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
If they're that determined they could have it !!! There are some very high tech deterrents available now though , which would leave the culprits with a long lasting tell tale !!!

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Repercussions

Loosing the bike can hurt you just as bad......mentally. If any "tell tales" are left on the culprit then the law comes down harder on the motor vehicle owner.