Further Forum Upgrade Information...

G

Graham Smith

Just a short note to let you know that the Club's forum is likely to be down for most of the weekend due to the upgrade that I mentioned a week or so ago. The moderators have had sight of a new test forum for a few days now, and the feedback I've had is all positive. The old software we currently use just isn't getting developed as much as I hoped it would and I've taken the decision to move to a new system which has been developed by one of the original developers. It has far better Facebook and Twitter integration (if you're into that sort of thing), and we can link feeds from the Spares Company and the VOC's Facebook page. If you don't know what any of that means - ask your grandchildren!

I should be able to export the whole 'threads and posts' database as well as your usernames and passwords.

Please do bear with me. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's a pretty big task, but we will get there.

Some of the current facilities won't be available straight away such as the photos, but these will come back online at some point in the future. None of these will get lost.

Regards

Graham

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just a short note to let you know that the Club's forum is likely to be down for most of the weekend due to the upgrade that I mentioned a week or so ago.
My condolences in advance for the upcoming long, sleepless and frustrating weekend you are facing. And for all the comments you will get next week from the people who, after all the effort you are about to make, will complain they liked the old forum better...