Fun in the workshop !

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The Brampton fork has a coil over damper like mine but it looks like had a bracket welded on rather than the removable brackets that preserves the original fork, apart from that its a good project
There were so many things to look at at the Montana NA Rally that somehow I missed a close inspection of this machine (I also missed my way to the track for the track day but thats another story....

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
More Fun, I didn't buy this for a Bike, I got it for " OLD BILL", For If I get any older and weaker ??, For getting stuff off the floor, Min' 5" Max 17", Never seen a Vin' on one before, But feels steady and comes with 2 good tie down straps, In UK it's only £ 130, Don't know how they can make it so cheap. Cheers Bill.
DSCN0199.JPG

timetraveller

VOC Member
I've had the 'D' prototype engine/gearbox unit on one for several years. It is supported on one of my GRP engine stands. modified to sit on the two arms of the device. It is really stable and I have been using it to develop the hydraulic steering damper kits for those who do not want to go for the JE steering head.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I'll See if I can attach a couple of picture here. One is of a plug/pattern for making a new mould and the other is of the 'D' engine on top of the stand. The stands are so strong that I can kick start the bike with the whole weight of me and the bike supported on the stand.
P1310094.JPG
P1310095.JPG

druridge

VOC Member
More Fun, I didn't buy this for a Bike, I got it for " OLD BILL", For If I get any older and weaker ??, For getting stuff off the floor, Min' 5" Max 17", Never seen a Vin' on one before, But feels steady and comes with 2 good tie down straps, In UK it's only £ 130, Don't know how they can make it so cheap. Cheers Bill.
View attachment 25319
The lift looks great Bill, exactly what I am after ( also for an old man with a bad back!)
Are these the same as those on UK ebay for eg £85, 1500lb capacity etc?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
There are a few different types on the market, This is from " Machine Mart ", 680 Kg, So about what you say,
Made by " Clarke ", I paid £130, I have had a few bits off M.M. and they send me discount tickets every now and again, Sure enough a week later I could have got it 20 % Off !!.
But I think it's well built. Lots of info on youtube.
I have a wooden table about 17" tall, So I could lift most things up too that, Put it on there, Then drop the lift
down and put another bit of wood about 12", Slide the thing over and put it on the work top at about 30" ??.
Good Luck, Bill.

druridge

VOC Member
There are a few different types on the market, This is from " Machine Mart ", 680 Kg, So about what you say,
Made by " Clarke ", I paid £130, I have had a few bits off M.M. and they send me discount tickets every now and again, Sure enough a week later I could have got it 20 % Off !!.
But I think it's well built. Lots of info on youtube.
I have a wooden table about 17" tall, So I could lift most things up too that, Put it on there, Then drop the lift
down and put another bit of wood about 12", Slide the thing over and put it on the work top at about 30" ??.
Good Luck, Bill.
After a quick search online, Machine Mart at £130 seems to be the way to go; the 'unbranded' stuff on ebay at £85 etc looks less convincing....many thanks. Ian