Fuel system on '48 B Rapide

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Both your carbs. appear correct then. Maybe you should just take the banjoes back to the Appalachians where they belong.

craig

VOC Member
Here is catalog page.
AmalCatPage12.jpg

b'knighted

VOC Member
I also have an oddball cap with AEROSHELL and CASTROL GRAND PRIX on it. It is probably from another make, but I've not been able to track it down.

Sorry, I've only just noticed this. A Scottitish member, George, rode his very original looking bike down to a summer rally at the River Dart camp site several years ago. He told me that he had bought the bike in a less standard state some years ago in South Africa. He then managed to track down the original parts that had been removed. He pointed out the oil cap, which was of a different pattern to the Wintfer/Summer one we see as standard and may well have been the same as your Aeroshell cap and told me it was original for his bike which was built for export to South Africa and intended to run on oils suitable for a climate hotter than English summer.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
This makes sense. I got my '48 Rapide as a part of a pile of parts that included three Comets, and one of them was what was left of a sidecar racing rig from Australia. It could be that the hot climate oil cap was from that bike. Do other Vincents exported to Australia have this pattern oil cap?

Ron