E: Engine Fuel leakage

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
On a Twin it is not so critical as on a single because the propstands are articulated more outboard as on the narrower engine of a Comet . Erik

erik

VOC Member
This is not possible! But what do you do more often? parking the bike or Lifting the frontwheel? At home I use a small Hydraulik jack to dimount the frontwheel. One death you have to die! Erik

erik

VOC Member
I forgot. There is a Dave Hills stand on the bike. If you have to dismount the frontwheel it is not impossible on the side of the road.Especially with the assistance of someone.

Ernesto

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Funny to see that we start speak bout fuel leakage and end speak about side stand...
I now install plastic stand and let you know but, as notice by Chris (Thanks) float chamber was in the wrong side therefore when bike was on the right stand it was far to high.
It will take some time since now is snowing in Italy.
BTW, I notice on Erik photo a longer intake in the carb. Why? dose it give some more tork al lower rpm?
Is it noticeable and raccomandabile?

Thanks

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
There are side stands on both sides of the bike. Does the amount of fuel that leaks out differ substantially if you use one side or the other?

erik

VOC Member
There is a Amal Concentric mk1 on the bike and I do nly know how this Comet runs with the Long bellmouth.I use it mostly as a flame trap! To my mind a very important Accessoire.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I used the same piece on the ex-Cecil Mills bike for years. With Mk IIs there is blow back below 2.000 rpm and it was my way of trying to catch it and use it.