ET: Engine (Twin) Fuel and Carb Settings

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I made one similar to Gary's for my C in stainless steel, I have concentrics so threaded the outside and tapped the carb top to suit, there's a 90 degree bend out of the carb and a 45 degree bend to take it alongside the UFM, epoxied a larger piece of some tube on the end to retain the cable ferrule

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Gary; that's a neat idea, But one concern, is the elbows only form of support where it rests on the breather tube or am i missing something?. Otherwise it would seem that a relatively significant amount of leverage could be placed on the carb cap/ferrule area.

From the photo, it appears that the cable is resting on the breather, but it's not. The cable is quite stable and doesn't move when the throttle is twisted. Packed the tube with grease when I assembled it. I think it will last a fair amount of time. It's been some 10,000 miles so far.
Gary

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Wow! You guys have put some effort into your throttle cables!
Right, Bob. Thing is, Mr. Vincent didn't leave us much room for cable routing. The D bikes may be even worse in this area. I'm not sure about that but the D has Monobloc carbs and I believe the bottom of the tank is also a bit different.
Gary

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Here is what I sent to Venhills for the throttle cables. This is for a twin pull Thomaselli throttle to Amal Concentrics. Free length with other arrangements will differ.
See the notes added re overall length, which was a bit longer than needed.
Screenshot_20200727-133951.png