FT33

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just purchased a FT33 pivot bearing spindle, so I can sort out attaching the RFM. I slide the FT33 in place with the FT109 spacer and both footrest support plates and I end up with an extra 1/2 inch of thread sticking out the right hand side and 5/16 sticking out the left hand side. Is there something in this bin of stuff that I'm missing that bolts on there to take up that extra room? Any guidance would be appreciated.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
FT 33 should be 11 7/8 to 12" long and have about 1" of 1/2" B.S.F. thread at each end. If made in stainless it should be 431 grade, if memory serves.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Thank you sir. That is what mine measures, Just under 12" OA and just under 1" of thread on either end. It just looks odd with the extra thread sticking out and it looks like I'm missing something.... although all the book shows is the two footrest plates, two nuts, two washers and the FT109 spacer.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Not uncommon for this stud to be too long, I generally cut it down either side so only 1 1/2 threads overhang each side past the outer face of each nut, remember to chamfer the edges so you don't slice yourself........Cheers, Greg.

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Just purchased a FT33 pivot bearing spindle, so I can sort out attaching the RFM. I slide the FT33 in place with the FT109 spacer and both footrest support plates and I end up with an extra 1/2 inch of thread sticking out the right hand side and 5/16 sticking out the left hand side. Is there something in this bin of stuff that I'm missing that bolts on there to take up that extra room? Any guidance would be appreciated.
The extra length was to accomodate the fitting of the triangular sidecar mount when fitted with a sidecar.

Cyborg

VOC Member
The extra length was to accomodate the fitting of the triangular sidecar mount when fitted with a sidecar.

I was thinking that if there was nothing missing, I would turn down the extra thread, but now it appears I need to go sifting through all the bins and boxes (for the 10,000th time) to see if there is a Steib hiding in there somewhere.

Thanks for all the replies gents.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Do you have the FT 109 located between the G50 plate and the footrest plate?
Yes
I should have taken more closeup photos of your B. I was even starting to get confused at how the chain guard was supposed to be mounted, because someone had screwed a grease fitting into the mounting hole on the RFM.