Front Stands

DangerDan

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
53 B.S With either front stand down, the bike leans 40 degrees off vertical. With both stands down, the stands don't reach the ground. Before I start bending or twisting things, is it possible to install the stands on the wrong sides?

john998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello, no it is not possible to fit them on the wrong side. It may be that you have B stands these are shorter. John.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
With 21" front/19" rear, my stands don't work with the rear stand down. What rim sizes to you have?

timetraveller

VOC Member
And if all else fails a piece of oak wood, about 3/4" thick, screwed and glued under each stand foot helps a lot and if it touches when cornering it just wears off the outer edge. But do check that you do not have the 'B' stands first.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Dan, How about fitting a modern type side stand, Bolted to the front of the left pillion footrest plate, It works better from there, I think Bruce told us one off a Honda VF ? 800cc goes on nice, Or a D centre stand. Cheers Bill.

nkt267

VOC Member
It works better from there, I think Bruce told us one off a Honda VF ? 800cc goes on nice,
I took this advice for my Comet and it works a treat..John

When your front stands are in the fully down position--ie 1/4" bolt removed and stand lowered,how far apart are the bottom of the legs and how long are the legs from pivot point to the end of the foot..