Front guard on series "A"

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The spares company does not exist in isolation it is approachable if someone wants a rare part can find a supplier and some commitment as to numbers the company may well fell justified in adding to the batch size and perhaps adding some technical information. The limitation of the company is not necessarily always funds but is always time.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Yep............I've nearly invented the 48 hour day to give me a little more time, now all I have to do is find my glasses..............o_O

vibrac

VOC Member
Yep............I've nearly invented the 48 hour day to give me a little more time, now all I have to do is find my glasses..............o_O
18 thats the number of of cheap reading glasses necessary to reduce the search time in a normal environment Ok some mornings I wake to find a pile by the bed and sometimes the pile migrates to the work bench but generally they have a solitary life in all corners of the house car and riding jackets but 18 no less is the number I have arrived at. Replacing at the rate of a pair a fortnight, of course the day will come when I have to spend real money on real glasses then the fun will start.

Dinny

VOC Member
This was not meant to be criticism for the spares club. I continue to use them all the time and they give great service. It was just to say it would be nice if they did more A engine bits.

Mark

greg brillus

VOC Member
Perhaps what is needed is some kind of inventory of what people need to restore/finish their bikes. I have wondered about genuine fuel tanks......Is there anyone who could make an accurate replica (perhaps the entire thing in stainless) and what would the cost be.........:eek:..........because labor costs are so high these days, this is something that could be made in India.......We all know they can produce a good product, as some of their post war tanks are pretty good, only the position of the mount lugs are in the wrong spot. Once again the numbers are so small...........Original numbers, what 76 twins and about 440 singles.........how many still exist or are complete enough to restore. I see some restorations can take 10 plus years, lack of parts, and lack of funds......Yes it does get very expensive. Look at how much it costs just to restore a genuine chronometric speedo. Mark.........what engine parts do you need..........?.......Cheers.........Greg.

Clay

Non-VOC Member
I also tried to contact the bloke who does the write ups for the series "A" s for MPH and I never got a response.

Just as a matter of interest has anyone ever had a response from him? I got my Series A a year ago and I thought he'd be interested in the details for the record but I have sent at least three emails and never got a response either.

A_HRD

VOC Member
I recently got in to very hot water for complaining that Andrew Walker never replies to emails. I too sent several emails over a couple of years ( to seriesa499@voc.uk.com ) and got zero response. After the vitriol died down, he informed me that I was using the wrong email address because the VOC one doesn't work for him (why, I don't know). But if you use his personal email address, you will get a response.

I will add the necessary email to the 'VOC Only' part of the forum in a couple of minutes.

Hope I don't get into more hot water again for this .... :eek: I'm just trying to assist confused Series A owners who are not aware! :confused:

Just got my Sept MPH today :). There are at least two references to the 'A' Section Organiser at seriesa499@voc.uk.com ....

Peter B

vibrac

VOC Member
Its a simple link on the VOC website: 998 email address to private email address
I don't suppose anyone told the webmaster to update it. Its is good policy to use the correct official address

Clay

Non-VOC Member
I sent them all to the address in MPH, seemed a reasonable assumption at the time that that was the correct address ;).

I shall forgive him and try again on the address you've posted. Thanks.