front brake upgrades

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Maybe I can get you to ride my bike in June to compare. I have steel plates with gussets, a balance beam outrigger and the thick cables. Seems pretty good to me, but it is hard to separate out the habits of compensating for what our brakes are now days. If you survive, I'll buy you a beer, Canadian, of course.

Coming out to our rally are you??

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Robert: we're thinking about coming over via Vancouver to Portland later this year (I have 250,000 airmiles to blow) then the International in 2011. When is your rally? And if you're thinking I'm too lazy to reach for MPH and find out, I congratulate you on your perceptiveness. (One of the downsides, maybe the only downside, of retirement is that my whole life is one big weekend now, but rallies are limited to the traditional 52. Almost any weekend in summer, but particularly June and July, there are at least three events I'd like to go to.)

Tom

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
True - but I said it as the sole inhabitant of the Vancouver section's easternmost outpost. I thought it only natural that you would choose that section closest in terms of most favoured libation - to whit - Gin & Tonic or Single Malt Scotch, depending on the season. Surely, as an inhabitant of the mighty midwest, the great plains, you and your mighty Vincent steed would seek solace from the neverending flatland wind for the comfort of the mountains with their delightfully crisp clean mountain air - unsullied as it is by pollution unlike that filthy bilge you will find in southern Ontario?

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Hmmm Molsons instead of Single Malt or Gin & Tonic... I shall have to refer to the big book for a ruling on this matter...

mercurycrest

VOC Member
brake upgrades

Molsons is considered Training Beer where I live. About one or two steps lower than Bud Light. We fed it to Banana Slugs,after a six pack or two they slow down enough so we can hit them with a shovel.
Cheers, John

Last edited:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Q) - Why do americans serve their beer ice cold? A) - to make it easier to distinguish it from urine...

Though I disagree with your opinion regarding Canadian beer, I agree with the point you make - that a beer is not, in and of itself, sufficient reason to walk across the room let alone travel to the most polluted part of the continent.
However I know Bruce M to be a quality individual, of the highest moral standing, with impeccable ethics..perhaps he is going to these places as a missionary - to talk them into leaving that place for healthier climes.