Front Brake on Comet

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a return spring on H12/2 (the front brake operating arm)
my Comet has one on the left side but not the right and the right is dragging.
I have looked at many Comet pics ....some have them some don't?

regards
Kevin

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
ONE return spring only-on right hand side. This is meant to hold the arm against the eccentric balance beam stop. See Richardson page 28. Much has been written about setting up and adjusting front brakes. I recommend you do some reading on this Forum and other places.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
ONE return spring only-on right hand side. This is meant to hold the arm against the eccentric balance beam stop. See Richardson page 28. Much has been written about setting up and adjusting front brakes. I recommend you do some reading on this Forum and other places.
Thanks mate, much appreciated

Chris.R

VOC Member
Just where on the forum, terms such as front brake set up /adjustment do bot find the required information

vibrac

VOC Member
If you feel you need two words to define your search then you may fine enclosing them in inverted commas will help I dont know if all the boolean search formats apply in our search box certainly short strings like HRD are too short.
Many people asking the same question repeatedly may bring answer fatigue so often the search will give you a more rounded answer It also helps if you are answering, a link to something you said before may save your fingers!

mercurycrest

VOC Member
The Final Solution?
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 08.57.22.png