• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Friction band bolt nut F96

Michel

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hello,
What is the metal and the appearance or finish of the friction band bolt nut F96 ?
Thanks.

Michel

VOC Member
Hello Greg,
On all the pictures of my documentation, they are brass natural color.
Where is the error?

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
As a pre A owner that has the same suspension units I would say black paint. Bling is for Triumphs.

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Don't forget not all series A's used the round friction band adjuster. Some used a chromed wing nut type adjuster.

Michel

VOC Member
Hello,
Both of mine were wrongly cadmiumed. I had the cadmium removed and they are not made in brass but an unidentified white and heavy metal.
So, I will paint them black as originally, that's it.

Michel

VOC Member
Probably, because they look like crap black and look much better polished. I’m considering stripping the paint off of mine. If you want original, you’ll have to suffer with blah black though.;)
Not so "crap black" isn't ?

Attachments

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Looks OK to me. As a note Michel, the inner (lower) spring box on series A's were also painted black and not plated. The paint doesn't last long though as the friction band material and the outer spring box scratch and scrape the paint away.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Michel, Did you get those studs and brass knobs from the Voc spares co.............Cheers...........Greg.

Michel

VOC Member
Hello Greg,
I do not know because I found them on the bike when I bought it.
Greeting from Belgium.