French rally

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The French Rally is always held on the weekend closest to Bastille Day, which is July 14th, the best and most important public holiday of the year. It ensures that everyone has that weekend off work, and a nice side-effect is that there is usually a good firework display somewhere close in the evening.

johncrispin

VOC Member
Seems it will clash with the VMCC 1000 bikes at Mallory, that is a pity, I had hoped as Bastille day is midweek (sort of) they would choose the following weekend, ho hum,- can't win 'em all

Prosper Keating

Non-VOC Member
My info was based on a brief conversation back before Christmas. They may since have taken that into account as quite a few French members attend the 1000 Bikes. I'll make a call or two this week and find out for you.

PK

johncrispin

VOC Member
Prosper,
Many thanks. It certainly would be great to have the opportunity of getting both in,
always assuming I call get the yellow pass from the missus.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Seems it will clash with the VMCC 1000 bikes at Mallory, that is a pity, I had hoped as Bastille day is midweek (sort of) they would choose the following weekend, ho hum,- can't win 'em all
I wish they would choose the following weekend because the Suffolk Summer Rally is on July 10th-12th. Maybe a few more would come to East Anglia if the dates didn't clash; we have this problem every year. Maybe you francophiles would like a change?:rolleyes:

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
News from France

"Yes it is 11th and 12th of july
Welcome on friday 10th evening on the camp site in Plomelin
The camp site wil stay open the monday and tuesday if you need.
Can you confirm if you come
Merci
Dominique Le Bris "

So I looked up the ferries from Plymouth to Roscoff. Going over is fine 22.00 to 08.00. Coming home 15.00 to 22.00, great 5 hours awake on a ferry.:mad: