• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Fraudulent Ebay advert

Lambers

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The scammer is back on again this morning, now has 2397 items to try and con us with !

I watched much of Mathewson's auction Saturday , 2 Vincents Black Shadow reached £43500 and Black Knight the same, £43500. ( The scammer would list them at about £5000 ) prices were well down again, a nice 1954 T110 only got to £4600 that would have been around £7000 a while back.

Kerry.
Prices are well down at the moment. Some say its only the beginning of a long downhill slope.

Sakura

VOC Member
We've had this conversation. My trade contacts are still saying prices are holding and they do not lie to me. Auction sold prices are only part of the cost. Perhaps auction buyers are getting more savvy and allowing for that?

kerry

VOC Member
Trade Classics wrote " last year, as Brexit played out. We continued to see a slow down with prices falling month-on-month, and traditional auction house sales rates declining to worrying lows."
They are now more optimistic, we will soon find out.
I personally believe prices at the peak were far too high especially on Vincents and so needed to drop and be affordable for riders to buy and use and not just for investors. With zero bank interest I think the market should stabilise soon.
I look forward to the massive auction on August 15th which ironically has estimates more in line with reality unlike other auction houses recently !
Last night at our 'Old bikes at the old George' around 100 bikes turned up, superb to see., me on my Vincent Gerry on his 1924 700cc V twin AJS.

Gold prices are now at an all time high which would perhaps point to a start of a recession ?

Yes, keep talking and yes 'Black Bikes Matter' !

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Gold is a fools errand. I remember when the US went into Afghanistan the price of gold went through the roof and when Russia did not go to war with the US the price of gold when through the floor. Having said that I did make a huge killing on old sovereigns in 1979.

Dave61

VOC Member
Here we are Thursday 6th August, the scammer is back on eBay with the grey flash at £5000 and 2675 other items for sale ! Be careful, he is using another cloned account.
NEW LISTING VINCENT HRD 500 GREY FLASH REPLICA
I've reported the item & then reported the Seller, pointing out it was probably a Cloned account, will be interesting to see if all the listings disappear.
Cheers
Dave

LoneStar

VOC Member
That listing is gone, but seller "pinkacy" seems to have had his account hacked, and is selling 1700 vehicles he doesn't own. I'm currently the high bidder on a 1970 Bonneville, at GBP 41,000. No amount it too great to pay for a fictitious bike...