Frame Tuning

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
So what happened to your chainline, after you cocked it up ? :)

The chain lines are perfectly straight as are the wheels. That is what I aimed for. The wheel is not straight in the RFM which is why the chain adjusters are at different on each side. Because I take this bike to redline in top gear every time it is used I wanted it to be stable at top speed. When I noted the difference, I ended up doing the alignment of the transmission and wheels at least a dozen times for the better part of two weeks. The first time I ran the bike after the build was at Bonneville in 2008 and I paid special attention to the tracking, but all seemed fine.

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I asked one of our top blokes if he had a Jig for the rear frame, He said no, But he would have a go, So i thought I would give it a go myself, Just put a good rear frame next to it and did it by eye !! Came out fine. Cheers Bill

davidd

VOC Member
I asked one of our top blokes if he had a Jig for the rear frame, He said no, But he would have a go, So i thought I would give it a go myself, Just put a good rear frame next to it and did it by eye !! Came out fine. Cheers Bill

Good job! I think that should do the trick, but how do you know the "good RFM" is good?

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello David, You have a point, The Good one came off my Lightning rep', That I raced for 7 years, The wheels were in line and with Red Arrow tyres went round the corners good.It went round Cadwell park quicker than my Special, Which had a faster engine and Brakes !!. I should have said "good enough for me ". Have Fun, Bill.