ET: Engine (Twin) Fram FV237 Breather

Bill Cannon

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've recently fitted one of these to my Egli D series twin, to the front exhaust valve cover with the large end to the engine and the small end to the outlet pipe.

Before fitting I found that blowing through it did not stop the airflow completely in either direction, is this right?

Since fitting it the bike is chucking out loads of oil instead of the relatively small amount before fitment.

The engine is all new TP top end so is not worn out?

Cheers Bill

Attachments

• Fram FV237.docx
    13.5 KB · Views: 96

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I've recently fitted one of these to my Egli D series twin, to the front exhaust valve cover with the large end to the engine and the small end to the outlet pipe.

Before fitting I found that blowing through it did not stop the airflow completely in either direction, is this right?

Since fitting it the bike is chucking out loads of oil instead of the relatively small amount before fitment.

The engine is all new TP top end so is not worn out?

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill,
I've got one of these to fit & thought it was small end to engine with big end to hose outlet.
Would it be possible to give it a try that way round ?
Cheers
Dave

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Hi Bill,
I've got one of these to fit & thought it was small end to engine with big end to hose outlet.
Would it be possible to give it a try that way round ?
Cheers
Dave
You may be right Dave it certainly seems to be sucking the oil out?
Does yours shut of completely in one direction or just restrict the flow like mine?

Cheers Bill

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Does yours shut of completely in one direction or just restrict the flow like mine?

Cheers Bill

I'll try to remember to check tonight when I get in from work.
As far as I can remember they should allow flow both ways but they aren't equal if you know what I mean.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill,
Sorry didn't remember until I was going to bed last night.
There is more restriction blowing through the large side on mine, not sure if that helps.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Hi Bill,
Sorry didn't remember until I was going to bed last night.
There is more restriction blowing through the large side on mine, not sure if that helps.
Cheers
Dave
Thanks Dave, that sounds the same as mine.
I've replumbed it now and am feeding back into the oil tank. Doing some work on the clutch as well so will be a while before I can try it again.

Cheers Bill

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
I've just had a belated reply from the Ebay supplier who has told me the large end is the engine side!
Cheers Bill

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I've just had a belated reply from the Ebay supplier who has told me the large end is the engine side!
Cheers Bill

So that means you had fitted it the right way round then Bill.
If that's the case it doesn't really help.
Have you blocked the timed breather off ?
I think you need to or the PCV valve won't operate correctly.
Cheers
Dave