Founder's Day

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The VOC Coventry section will be having their usual section stand at Stanford Hall Founders Day this weekend, Sunday July 18th.
Please feel free to park you Vincent - HRD machine on our plot and have a chat with us.
You should find us on the right along the avenue of clubs as you ride up the main drive. You are welcome to leave your riding kit in the club gazebo while you visit the auto jumble, etc.

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Hi Eddy
For your info as far as I am aware the Avenue of clubs will now be at the top end next to Stanford Hall on the left of the drive up to the Hall.
The setting out will take place on Friday and Saturday and as far as I am aware the club stands will be placed in a semi circle around the arena

Best Regards
Peter

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Can anyone confirm that this event will be unaffected by the rain over the past few days? I drove the 150 miles there in the past only to be sent away because the field was flooded.
I seem to remember that there used to be a phone number with a recorded message that you could check. Anyone know anything about this?

Peter

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The Stanford Hall number is now just an answer phone. Peter Bromberg is, I think, involved with the VMCC Taverner's Section and is probably there today setting up. He may well pick up this thread again when he gets home.
The weather here today local to Stanford Hall is sunny with showers, a bit breezy and a promise of dry tomorrow. My guess is that there will be no problem but I will check with Peter later and post info if he hasn't.

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Having just got back from helping the Taverners VMCC section set up at Stanford Hall, you have no fear of being rained of this year (I Hope).

The set up is differant to previous years as it is all on the left hand side of the drive going upto the house.
Club sections are at the left hand side next to the house with a lot more room for tent and bikes.

regards Peter Bromberg

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Founder's day did turn out to be a good event. I'm not sure that the new layout worked best for the club stands as they were at the far end of the site from the entrance. The auto jumble soaked up visitors first and the club area seemed quiet for a long time. Thank you to everyone that came and parked their bikes on our area. They created a lot of interest and the Vincent plot did have a good stream of visitors. There always seemed to be a group of people on the stand looking at and talking about the bikes. I certainly seemed to be talking all day (who said "no change there then"?) and I didn't even get around to having a proper talk with Brian Chapman, Jacqueline Bickerstaff or Tim Kingham.