Forum Website Thread/Forum Category Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham Smith

I had an e-mail earlier on from a member of our forum website who was interested in what we automatically subscribe users into.

When you first join our forum website, we subscribe you to virtually nothing. We feel it's your decision to make your own choices.

1646776312928.png

If you don't interact with the forum (ie. you don't post anything), then all you'll receive is a periodic email from us telling what's been going on while you've been away. You'll also receive an e-mail telling you if someone's started a 'Conversation/Personal Message' with you.

As far as the posts and threads go, you will be automatically subscribed to nothing if all you do is look around and read stuff, but as soon as you interact with any of the threads (ie. you post a reply), you will automatically be subscribed to that one thread, so you'll receive an email if there's any further replies to it. You are able to stop the forum website doing this should you so wish. It's really easy to do.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 21.51.38.png

As you'd expect, you're able to 'watch' individual threads or entire forum categories as you like. The system is infinitely configurable, and you can personalise your browsing experience to suit what you require as much or as little as you like.

Please do get in touch if you need any further information.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Personally I like the way this forum is set up. I take advantage of the "watch" option frequently on threads that interest me. It allows me to follow the conversation, particularly if I have nothing to contribute and just want to learn something. I also like the addition in the box where we write our posts of the "save/delete draft" button. I makes it so much easier to self moderate. Keep up the good work Graham.
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.