Forum Upgrade

G

Graham Smith

Some forum members may have noticed that the forum was down for a couple of hours this afternoon whilst I upgraded some software.

One thing that has come to light is a number of forum users use their username as their password. This would make their account vulnerable to exploitation which could allow a third party to hijack an account.

This could also lead to an account being used without the user's knowledge/permission, and actions being performed under the real user's name.

Vulnerable accounts can also be bad for our forum as a whole as they may enable access for automated tools (bots) to spam both our forums and other user accounts, using false usernames.

Because of this, I have reset all the vulnerable passwords. If this has affected you, you will have received an e-mail from me with your new log-in details.

If you want to change your new password to something more memorable (the system obviously won't let you use the same word as your username any longer!), login with the details from the email that was sent at the following location:
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editpassword

Finally, this has only affected a few people, and sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience and I appreciate your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator: