Forum Speed

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The forum posts seem to be loading much quicker this morning or maybe it is my imagination.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The forum posts seem to be loading much quicker this morning or maybe it is my imagination.
I should add that I am on Virgin Fibre Cable and your speed may be dependent on what else is going on in your area.
I connect by wireless 5G to my router and Ookla Speedtest just gave me the figures below. Sometimes I get 200 Mbps download and other times quite a bit less.
1659447934565.png

Whatever the speed of your connection the posts are usually worth the wait whatever the speed is.:)

vibrac

VOC Member
My internet is about 1/10th of those speeds but its fast enough. I get it via wireless from a dish on my house one thing though if anything goes wrong when the ISP picks up the phone they say "Hello Tim...."
I also have no mobile signal but I do have plenty of quiet roads you takes your choice

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Given my druthers I think I prefer your option. Though if you so desire you can connect your phone to Wi-Fi calling thus getting a mobile signal in and around your house for yourself.

vibrac

VOC Member
Given my druthers I think I prefer your option. Though if you so desire you can connect your phone to Wi-Fi calling thus getting a mobile signal in and around your house for yourself.
Yes but as I tell my Bank that makes a mockery of two factor identification
These commercial giants who are happy to sack thousands to use mobile and internet should be made to spend some of their profit getting mobile coverage universal in the UK . no mobile signal and 60 miles from London its a travesty