Forum search problems

mnatco

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
First, pardon me for not having addressed each of you that have jumped in on this and thank you.
Albervin,
Take as an example - seat modification.
When searching on this term directly or using the advanced search provided to restrict the search to tiles only and when placing the phrase in quotes (which in most search functions will return only results that contain both words in close proximity) I get a plethora of returns that do little to help me refine my search algorithm.
Why seat modification?
I love the bike but not the seat - esthetically. I would like to see what others may have done to modify the seat in a manner to please the eye as well as… other parts.
The closest I came to a response in that vein was when using CollingsBob's Google method but I should say that the top returns using that method, though mostly Vincent oriented, are not restricted to the VOC forum.

I realize that "seat modification" is nebulous and ambiguous so the likelihood of a satisfactory result is diminished which reinforces my point that if the forum were divided into specific topic areas it would be more likely that anyone searching here could more easily find an answer.

And lastly, as I am new here please pardon my impudence for making assumptions about what can and cannot be done in a forum such as this that is member run and a labor of love.

Yours and thank you

Mick Natco

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A longer seat foam and cover (I think) was available from the VOCSC. Not many seats are modified beyond that, although here are two examples to the contrary
image6211.jpg

and

2079ThreeQuarterPrimaySide.jpg

Both US bikes.

mnatco

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Bruce
Hard to see, those photos are a little too small for my aging eyes but it looks like those 2 are something like a racing saddle, still flat. I'm looking for something with a little more contour to take up that valley below the seat.
I'm not necessarily going down that road, I'd just like to see what can, and has been done.

Mick Natco

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The tool tray goes in that space above the rear springs. Yes, they are racing saddles and they are a bit small. Let me know if you want bigger pix. The top one belongs to Club member Sam (click on link)

mnatco

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The tool tray does present a problem, but I'm sure it can be addressed.
I would like larger images if that doesn't present a problem and contact info regarding purveyors of seats if you know of any.

Thanks

Mick