Forum Milestone…

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I looked at a rough mock up of the new website last night...very clean, easy to navigate, 1 password for everything.. It will be a step forward
Hi Bob,

Are you one of the testers or something else? I ask as I offered and was accepted by Phil as a tester but nothing since so I assume official testing has not commenced.

On the topic of testing, the important issue is NOT does it look good but does it meet the requirements of our club as set out in the detailed requirements document approved by the clubs exec as sent to me by the Hon. Secretary.

For example, the VOC requirements document is very clear that all historical information from the existing systems, not just the forum, should be imported and usable in ANY new system the VOC adopts. And from that it follows that all information , new or historical contained in any proposed new system must be able to be exported from that new system again in a usable form, into any future systems down the track.

Of course, all in a cost effective and affordable way.

If you are interested I am sure Gill can provide you with a copy of the official VOC Requirements document, against which all testing should be performed.

regards

Martyn

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Hi Martyn,
May I suggest that if you have any questions that you direct them to either the clubs exec. or the man in charge.
I am but a humble, and small cog in the process..

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Good question...I’ve been good friends with Phil Mahood for over 40 years..we have asked each other for thoughts, opinions, feedback and from time to time assistance on many subjects and projects..”Official”? I have no idea..ask Phil

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Martyn
I am pleased to hear that you are keen to give it a go and Phil is definitely planning on bringing in all of those who have volunteered to help out. Part of your testing value will be a 'Can someone work it within a few seconds of arriving on our home page for the first time?' Obviously, you can only do that once. I think that he is working on the 'back office' jobs first.

Like you, I am waiting (fairly) patiently to see what he comes up with as I haven't seen it yet either.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Good question...I’ve been good friends with Phil Mahood for over 40 years..we have asked each other for thoughts, opinions, feedback and from time to time assistance on many subjects and projects..”Official”? I have no idea..ask Phil
So ... is that a no?