Forum Milestone…

G

Graham Smith

Today (I think) we reached over ten million (10,000,000) pages that the forum has served.

Quite an achievement.

Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 21.16.27.jpg

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Do you have any way of distinguishing between views by real people, and those by bots and spiders? The thread I have on another site documenting my rebuild (and post-Cannonball re-rebuild) of my 1928 Ariel is on track to hit 1M views within a few weeks. There's no way even 1% of that many actual live people have looked at a thread describing arcane details of rebuilding a 92-year old motorcycle. How many of the 10M views on this forum were by bots?

timetraveller

VOC Member
Speaking only for myself I am not fear mongering. The forum is an encyclopaedic container of Vincent information and folk lore. Some means should be found to ensure that information is available in the future to all who seek help. I have no competence or bias to decide which software package is best able to do that. It is just that it is an invaluable source of information and I would like to see it available for future generations. A better 'search' function would be nice.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Speaking only for myself I am not fear mongering. The forum is an encyclopaedic container of Vincent information and folk lore. Some means should be found to ensure that information is available in the future to all who seek help. I have no competence or bias to decide which software package is best able to do that. It is just that it is an invaluable source of information and I would like to see it available for future generations. A better 'search' function would be nice.
I agree 100%. I think Graham has done a great job creating and maintaining the forums. Perhaps anyone who has a question or concern regarding the future of the forums should contact Phil Mahood - through the forums.