Forum Logging Out

G

Graham Smith

Some Members seem to be having trouble using the forum as it keeps logging them out - even though they click the 'remember me' button.

I can categorically say that this is an issue to do with your computer's web browser (Internet Explorer) rather than the forum.

Now, there are a couple of things you can try. The first is to re-set your browser and clear the 'cache' and 'cookies'. I'm not sure how you do this on your particular computer, as it will depend on a number of things such as which operating system and browser you're using. The first thing to do is a 'Google Search' and put specify your operating system and browser and see what it comes up with. If you do manage to sort your problem out, please do post a message here saying what you did to fix it, as it'll more than likely help someone else out.

Someone made a comment the other day and said that I should sort out the problem for users. Well, unfortunately, I can't be an IT support person for getting on for 600 users of this forum - there's simply not enough time in a day, and we all have a 'proper' job that gets in the way of other things!

Secondly you could try a different web browser. As you probably use a Windows machine using a Microsoft operating system, the chances are, you're using Internet Explorer as the web browser. An excellent alternative to Internet Explorer is the 'Firefox' browser. You can download this for free at: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html Just choose what language and operating system you require, and the rest should be self-explanatory.

User 'Comet' on this forum was having trouble as detailed above, but after he downloaded Firefox, the problem has disappeared. He is also impressed with the additional features Firefox offers.

Don't forget to post any solutions you may come up with for Internet Explorer.

Graham

PS - Users of Apple Macs will not experience this problem, as they are far superior machines!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapide998

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Remembering Cookies

I had the same problem, The website would not "remember" me, also I could not access any of the pictures on the site or upload...:(
Then after looking at all the possible issues (clearing cache, checking security limits, certificates for websites) bla, bla, bla, I.T. guys at work having a look at what could cause this....nothing, then when I got home after work one night I sat doon wae a rather nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon or two........after the first glass I discovered I was logging into the wrong VOC website address
I was logging into:-
http://www.voc.uk.com/ :eek:

Now what I should have been logging into was
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/

now I can upload pictures, access any area as I should as a member, my website now remembers me with a wee cookie and everything is now tickety bloody bloo. :D
so pour a glass of wine, or a wee hawf, chill for a mo' and check what your web address is in your top toolbar, you may be suprised. but then again you may not be and it's back to the drawing board:rolleyes:

OH ! and can I just say a big thankyou to Graham for managing to do this while at the same time managing to juggle his family life and his proper job.
I'm sure a lot of us appreciate the huge effort involved in this. Thanks again Graham.

Last edited: