Forum Downtime

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
the problem was reported as an outage. To my mind it was actually an Outrage! . That an untrained a-hole was allowed to cause such a problem to not only ourselves, but the good people who are working for us(okfor money) . The question for me is- has the culprit been given his p-45? If not why not!

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
Computor Officer and Apology

Yes Vic you're right - there are plenty of other hosts who provide different things to our current provider. In fact, our existing provider even offers a mirrored server facility.

However these facilities cost money, and whilst it was annoying our forum was out of action for a couple of days, it's not as if we're reliant on it to run our business. I really don't think paying for a mirrored server would be money well spent or offer value for money to our Members.

Mind you - following your two most recent posts on where we're going wrong with our IT and what we could do to improve things, you will note in the March edition of MPH we're currently looking for a new Computer Officer.

Would you like me to propose you? :)

Graham, I would firstly like to say thank you for your voluntary effort for creating this forum and the very fine result you have achieved for the club. It is difficult to envisage the number of unpaid hours you must devote.

Secondly I apologise if my observations caused you any upset, they were intended to be helpful and not in any way to be taken as criticism. On re-reading them I can see how I could be misinterpreted by others. I would like to go on record as being sincerely sorry. Please keep up the good work.

As for your proposition I certainly would be unable to emulate the software skills and knowledge exhibited by the previous encumbant. At this stage in my life and with my limited experience at interfacing with club officialdom combined with a lack of diploamtic skills I feel I must decline but thanks anyway. I think I will just keep my big mouth shut in future

Vic

G

Graham Smith

At this stage in my life and with my limited experience at interfacing with club officialdom combined with a lack of diploamtic skills I feel I must decline but thanks anyway.

Vic, don't think that a lack of diplomatic skills would be a hindrance to serving the VOC!

At Executive Committee and General Committee meetings we have frank discussions, but ultimately democratic decisions are made following the Club rules.

Graham

Tony Cording

VOC Member
The absence of the forum for a couple of days reminds me how much I enjoy it, and how much I miss it when it is not there! Bravo Graham for your efforts, they are appreciated I am sure by everyone.Tony Cording

Albervin

VOC Member
The absence of the forum for a couple of days reminds me how much I enjoy it, and how much I miss it when it is not there! Bravo Graham for your efforts, they are appreciated I am sure by everyone.Tony Cording
It is times like this when things go awry that the tireless unpaid volunteers show what they are made of!
Thank you.

kilsgardet

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well spoken.
I am fully confident that the club officials know what they´re doing and I have no fear whatsoever that any information of real value might become lost.
Thomas L.