Forum Changing

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Graham,
Hate to take the bat on you mate but what is the point of this bloody constant change. I'm fairly pissed off. I open the web site to go to the forums and find things have changed. I manage to find my way through and type out a large reply to breathers but when I go to send it up comes a message saying that I have to refresh by browser. Bloody hell. So I click refresh and my message disappears, gone. What is the point of typing out replies if we have to keep refreshing and loosing replies?

Phelps.

G

Graham Smith

Phelps - What your describing has absolutely nothing to do with me having changed things. All I've effectively changed is the homepage, which is a fairly common things for websites to change in reality.

I've got no idea why our forum would tell you that you need to refresh - all I can imagine is that it's a browser issue rather than a forum one.

Has anyone else had issues where the forum tells you that it needs to refresh? - I haven't.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Aaaaagh pretty bloody typical, I'm the only one that has the problem. I have computer problems that no one has ever heard of. Not going to write a big reply, it will probably need to "refresh" and I will loose it all again.

Albervin

VOC Member
Phelps (Ken); try doing something with your cookies. Or you need to update your Java. Alternatively you can buy a Mac & all will be fine....:cool:

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Ah the ubiquitous cookies and cache. Probably since my first foray into computers and their problems the first thing mentioned is always cookies and cache. My cookies and cache are cleared every night I turn the computer off. As for updates, they invariable take hours to down load, then more time to install, then turn the computer off and on again then hours/days to retrieve the things lost or destroyed by the up dates. Hmmmm. I ride a fifties motorcycle on 2010 roads using some fifties parts and some 2010 parts. Why cant computers be reliable like TVs', micro wave ovens, fridges, etc.

Phelps.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Ah the ubiquitous cookies and cache. Probably since my first foray into computers and their problems the first thing mentioned is always cookies and cache. My cookies and cache are cleared every night I turn the computer off. As for updates, they invariable take hours to down load, then more time to install, then turn the computer off and on again then hours/days to retrieve the things lost or destroyed by the up dates. Hmmmm. I ride a fifties motorcycle on 2010 roads using some fifties parts and some 2010 parts. Why cant computers be reliable like TVs', micro wave ovens, fridges, etc.

Phelps.
Because like motorbikes, someone`s always bug-gering about with them.