Forks

G

Graham Smith

I found this on another website, and thought some others may find it useful/interesting.

Apologies for the poor quality, but the original isn’t that big.

1617254571799.png

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm wanting a set of Saxon forks for a recreation I'm planning, just in case anyone has a set they would be willing to part with.
It's a early 20s flat-tanker called an AEL, I have a genuine tank, a period JAP engine and Albion gearbox they used and some suitable frame lugs. The last ones (1923) were all chain drive rather than belt, the forks are the stumbling block, I think I shall end up having to make them myself.
This is one of two known illustrations, there are no known bikes or photographs and very little information.
Why do it, because I have long fancied a flat-tanker and I have a solid genuine tank and the rest is well within my capabilities.
1617260276970.png

Last edited:

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Jake Robbins at Hastings is exceptional at making girder forks or re-tubing Brampton's but his knowledge and selection of old parts is petty amazing, 07986 254144.
bananaman.

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes I know of Jake Robbins but it's not as if Saxon forks are even around to be re-tubed, I have the loan of some Druids of the same period which seem to be 90% the same and a copy of one of the bell crank links that operate the springs plus the oval tubing is available. I've also built my own Castles for my Brough's from scratch so I'll not be stuck.