Footman James

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Alan ,you just struck a cord, I think we all forget we are getting older, I remember my old father in law who spent his last few years with us he loved cars and bikes and spent hours in the workshop looking at the bikes etc. he was in his late eighties and had been insured with Eagle Star since he was in his 20's ,and each year his renewal would drop through the letter box ,and each year the same response (THEIVING B------Ds) i'm changing to someone cheaper,and each year i would say ,Fred keep quiet and just pay .don't make any waves ,so now iam 71 I had better practice what I preached to Fred ,Thanks for reminding me Len.c

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Insured the bike with Peter James, £50 pounds cheaper than F.J. for the same cover. Thanks for the tip.

Mac

vibrac

VOC Member
They all try it on
how about this one (FJ)
multibike policy(s) one laid up policy agreed value (otherwise without an MOT its 50% of agreed value ) and one for my riding bikes
I just changed from a 1100cc BMW to an 850 BMW and got charged an extra £120 I expected the £20 for the vast amout of work changing bikes (how hum)
but when I questioned the £100 "the last bike was 11years old and this one is 9 1/2 years old and we charge more for modern bikes under 10 years old".
Incidentally I hear that the DVLA is 'forgetting' to send out SORN reminders so they can charge an £80 fee because you forgot.....