G: Gearbox (Single - Burman) Folding Comet Kickstart Lever

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Not keen on nyloc. This is a Vincent. Stainless dome or in my case bolt. Cheers Bill.
Whatever turns your wheels. the good thing about nylock when used with a wave washer is you can apply a level of torque and know it will stay that way. A case of function over form

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Some lawnmowers with 3/8" diameter blade bolts use wave washers as an anti-rattle stratagem. They are usually too large on the o.d., but a little gentle grinding while dipping in water to preserve temper will furnish you an adequate substitute. Cheap, too!
Lawn mower blade washers do not work - they are way way to thin and cheap - look like they can do the job at first glance but then go on to really disappoint.

The correct item is part number PR-50-147X

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
The story so far, the original washer Burman fitted was a 'curved washer'
but I couldn't find a supplier at the time, we tried a 'wave washer'
but these were too weak and flattened out, so I withdrew them from sale.
As there seem now to be a huge pent up demand for these we currently have, at the VOSC Spares Co, the MD and two other directors working the specification and sourcing, we are looking forward to a massive influx of orders once we get them back on the shelf.
Ian S
VOC Spares Co

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
The story so far, the original washer Burman fitted was a 'curved washer' View attachment 26582 but I couldn't find a supplier at the time, we tried a 'wave washer' View attachment 26583 but these were too weak and flattened out, so I withdrew them from sale.
As there seem now to be a huge pent up demand for these we currently have, at the VOSC Spares Co, the MD and two other directors working the specification and sourcing, we are looking forward to a massive influx of orders once we get them back on the shelf.
Ian S
VOC Spares Co
Well Ian,

I am very glad a 'bagged' a bunch of these from the Spares Co before you withdrew them. They work PERFECTLY - provided they are installed correctly - see my pics in my earlier post. Thats #6. I purchased a bunch from you but after many months and heaps of miles i I am still on the first one with no sign of need to replace

Martyn

washer 1.jpg

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
The story so far, the original washer Burman fitted was a 'curved washer' but I couldn't find a supplier at the time, we tried a 'wave washer' but these were too weak and flattened out, so I withdrew them from sale.
Ian S
VOC Spares Co

Huge quantity on order, due in a few days, get your orders in now to avoid disappointment.
Ian

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
The story so far, the original washer Burman fitted was a 'curved washer' View attachment 26582 but I couldn't find a supplier at the time, we tried a 'wave washer' View attachment 26583 but these were too weak and flattened out, so I withdrew them from sale.
Ian S
VOC Spares Co
Not one to bitch and moan, I am very grateful for the Club Spares Company, it is a great resource, but I am also aware that Ian and all involved appreciate feedback, good or bad. The new wave washers are not correct out of the packet, they can be fettled and made to work, but to do that the OD has to be reduced either locally or the total circumference, I appreciate that the original imperial size in all probability is no longer available and that this is the best alternative. Cheers Peter