Flexable oil line A52/3AS

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
While I am thinking of it. I need a source of the main flexible oil line for the shadow. Coventry in the US has said he has not seen any for quite some time. Is there another source that the list can recommend. I want to install an anti sumping valve and I do not want to cut up the original stock line.

Much thanks again,
Eric

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Go to a car breaker and have a look in the boot of 1970s and 1980s Jaguars, they use similar stuff. You can hide the unsightly yellow stripe with tyre black.Fit non standard worm drive clips for peace of mind.This will enable you to ride your 'bike until the Spares co. gets new stuff made!Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945

Ducdude

VOC Member
Go to a car breaker and have a look in the boot of 1970s and 1980s Jaguars, they use similar stuff. This will enable you to ride your 'bike until the Spares co. gets new stuff made!Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945

THANKS.....As the stock bit is holding well I can just hold out till the Spares co. get the stuff in stock and put the anti sumping valve in later then just drain the sump as needed like our forefathers have done before us:)

Thanks for the Tip though did jag use this stiff for fuel or oil lines?

Thanks,
Eric

nkt267

VOC Member
put the anti sumping valve in later then just drain the sump as needed like our forefathers have done before us:)
We didn't have to 'cos we rode them to work everyday:cool:. My Vin was 'just another bike' then and it was the only transport I had,so sumping was never a problem.
If I could ride my '32 Sunbeam every day then I wouldn't have to drain the oiltank after a rideout, it empties the tank in 2 days..John