Fitting Steib S 500 Sidecar to Series C Black Shadow

STEPXL

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Could anybody out there in VOC land assist me with the eyebolts and balls dimensions for the frame of the Vincent and also the lengths of the adaptor links to fit a Steib S 500. I need to give these dimensions to Steib in Germany who I am ordering a reproduction sidecar but I am overseas away from the bike and unable to measure.

Any information is greatfully received. The boat will be black but really indecided on the interior black or red .So what looks the best red or black interior as being a Black shadow maybe should leave all black.Appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

Stephen

Alan J

VOC Member
Could anybody out there in VOC land assist me with the eyebolts and balls dimensions for the frame of the Vincent and also the lengths of the adaptor links to fit a Steib S 500. I need to give these dimensions to Steib in Germany who I am ordering a reproduction sidecar but I am overseas away from the bike and unable to measure.
Best to contact Dave Johnson.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Stephen, if you send me a personal message including your e-mail address, I will send you all the pics you need to show you what you want. It should be possible for you to scale up the photos for the fittings. The balls are 29mm o/d give or take. All male to female fittings are 12mm wide with 12mm holes through them. The lower front tube is 27mm o/d and the rear is 32mm o/d If you have any inner body panels supplied, ask the firm not to fit them to the body, as you need them out to fit the body pivot bolts. Red looks good with the black body. Cheers, ET43

deejay499

VOC Member
Hi Stephen. ET43 has lots of good info on Steibs that will help. On the bike side there are 4 fittings required, Front top through bottom of headstock, front bottom through the stand fitting, rear bottom onto triangle, and rear top through the back of the oil tank. Agree with ET43, red looks good for the seat.
Good luck with it. DJ

Last edited:

STEPXL

VOC Member
Thanks DJ, ET43 been in touch with photos etc and next he will be sending the dimensions of the the fitting/connectors on the bike attach the Steib supplied fittings. Appreciate the help as explained being away OS and not able to look at a Vincent I doubt if there is any Vincents in Korea.

cheers
Stephen