Misc: Stands Fitting New Comet Stand

big ben

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi, This is my first posting on this forum.

Can anyone advise me as to which is the best auxilary stand to fit on my Comet I am looking at the moment at the Neal Videan side stand and the Dave Hills centre stand, I dont feel confident about the original side stands,

Thanks, Paul.

deejay499

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Paul.
I cannot comment on the Neal Videan side stand, but have put a Dave Hills centre stand on my Comet, as have many others. It is so easy to put on and off the stand, I could not possibly go back to the original set up. Have a look round the next rally or meet that you go to and see how many centre stands you see.
Cheers, DJ

john998

VOC Member
Centre stand

Hello, Have fitted two Dave Hill stands, one to a Comet one two a twin.
Both work well, much easier than the back stand which is for young men only.
Money well spent.
Regards John.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Japanese sidestand

Hi All,

If you just want quick and convenient for everyday riding I would suggest fitting a modern propstand to the left pillion plate. Several of our section members have used Kawasaki stands but while the one I have on my Comet doesn’t fold in quite as well, its foot sitting under the pillion rest, it does bolt onto the lower plate fixing bolt and only require one extra hole. If only I knew which Japanese bike it came from, I’d tell you. Try visiting a bike breakers or inspecting the pictures on ebay.

Cheers, Ian

Albervin

VOC Member
Hi, This is my first posting on this forum.

Can anyone advise me as to which is the best auxilary stand to fit on my Comet I am looking at the moment at the Neal Videan side stand and the Dave Hills centre stand, I dont feel confident about the original side stands,

Thanks, Paul.
I have had one of Neal's side stands fitted to my Rapide for several years now. It is easy to flick out & in when seated & gives the rider confidence that the bike will not fall over. I still have the original stands fitted in case I need to remove the front wheel when away from home. This requires removing the Videan stand which takes less than 2 minutes. As I have a new BTH fitted as well I would have to move the coils & that would take a bit more than 2 minutes. I would rate the stand as 5 stars!

nobby

VOC Member
I have fitted a Neal Vidian sidestand to the Comet recently. I can kickstart the bike while on the stand: says enough!

G

Graham Smith

Can anyone advise me as to which is the best auxilary stand to fit on my Comet I am looking at the moment at the Neal Videan side stand and the Dave Hills centre stand, I dont feel confident about the original side stands.

Big Ben - you'd be able to see one of the Dave Hills stands on various models of Vincent motorcycles (including my Comet) at the Riders' Rally on 7th June (it's not far from Chingford).

Give me a shout if you need further details.