First start up.

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well done Dave(s). The `knack' will come.... Watch & learn. watch & learn.
It's easier with the footrests on! Standing astride the bike on the left footrest gives you the height.
Excellent camerawork Carole

Thanks Mr Vinmad,
See you at Hever, though in a van this year.
Cheers
Dave

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
Won't you have the Vin finished by then Dave? You've got 6 weeks to get it sorted!

By the way, although most of the post war bikes already have 4 stands, the Dave Hills stand is a highly recommended addition for 99.9% of the time, but you still need the rear stand to get the rear tyre out easily!
Ray

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Won't you have the Vin finished by then Dave? You've got 6 weeks to get it sorted!

By the way, although most of the post war bikes already have 4 stands, the Dave Hills stand is a highly recommended addition for 99.9% of the time, but you still need the rear stand to get the rear tyre out easily!
Ray

This is true,
I suppose if I put my pants on the outside of my trousers I could possibly get it done but don't think it's identity crisis would be able to be resolved by then.
I'll be happy just to prove the Vins not a figment of my imagination.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Did not the "Two Phills" put a center stand on the Series D, long before the Dave Hills' stand?
Well they did, or should I say one of them did, Phil Irving was long gone by the time the Series D arrived, but that was not a tread down stand, but a handle operated device, very good to use, but IMHO does not enhance the look of the bike, works a treat on my D Comet though, so it is staying put.

stu spalding

VOC Member
As with many things Vincent, if the original kit is sorted out it works very well. I refer to the prop stands, which, if given the Bert Weisz mod of angling them down 10 degrees and fitting Maughan extended feet serve far better on soft ground than any centre stand. It may require a little more time, effort and money but the end result is most worthwhile. Cheers, Stu.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I was tempted to say it's something aliens travel in.

It looked like an Alien was inside your engine, When you were trying to start it !.
That's not OUR Derick Sayer, South London is it ?, I know my eyes are bad, And I have not seen him since 2011,
I know we do change as we get older. Cheers Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Modified or not I do not find the Vincent side stands are in the most convenient position to use, especially whilst still seated on the bike, one of the bikes I purchased for Sue a few years back was a Yamaha 535 Virago, I took one look at that stand and thought that will do the job, fitted one to the LH Dave Hills centre stand side plate, solid as a rock, easy to find with your foot without even looking, perfect, I doubt that you could pull the bike over if you tried, by the way I did not nick Sue's stand but got one from a bike breaker.

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
Modified or not I do not find the Vincent side stands are in the most convenient position to use, especially whilst still seated on the bike, one of the bikes I purchased for Sue a few years back was a Yamaha 535 Virago, I took one look at that stand and thought that will do the job, fitted one to the LH Dave Hills centre stand side plate, solid as a rock, easy to find with your foot without even looking, perfect, I doubt that you could pull the bike over if you tried, by the way I did not nick Sue's stand but got one from a bike breaker.
So that's 6 stands then!!!!
Ray