First start for the Comet.

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, Firstly let me thank everyone for the help, advice and support from you all in this most excellent of clubs, without which I would probably be sitting in my Man Cave with a bottle of rum and a 7/16 Whitworth ring spanner sobbing uncontrollably while cursing at a pile of bits that vaguely resembled a Vincent.
I filled all orifices (of the bike) with various lubricants, propped up a funnel full of fuel, kicked it over a few times without ignition to get some oil through the system, plug back in...ignition on....Two kicks and it roared into life....off with the choke and it sat there purring like a chicken:D I spent a couple of minutes whooping like a politician on payday then checked for oil return...all good, thanks to the the help from all you guys the timing case is as quiet Sarah Palin at a MENSA meeting.
Just a few little bits and pieces to sort and hopefully she will be back on the road.

Kevin

davidd

VOC Member
Kevin,

Great job! I hope this is the begining of many more enjoyable moments.

David

Albervin

VOC Member
Visions of a chicken purring and Sarah Palin at a Mensa meeting brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations Kevin on succeeding to fire up the beast. Now all you have to do is tune the carby and adjust the brakes and all those other little jobs that just keeping popping their heads up, like a trout in a fish farm at feeding time.

b'knighted

VOC Member
I say Chaps!

Trying to perpetuate the level of phraseology started by you colonials is as difficult as trying to insert butter up the posterior of a porcupine using only a red hot knitting needle.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Visions of a chicken purring and Sarah Palin at a Mensa meeting brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations Kevin on succeeding to fire up the beast. Now all you have to do is tune the carby and adjust the brakes and all those other little jobs that just keeping popping their heads up, like a trout in a fish farm at feeding time.

Or like Asylum seekers at Centrelink :p

vibrac

VOC Member
another colonial phrase 'centerlink' thought that was a guided busway (a UK green 'idea') had to look it up.
at least we all know Vincent part numbers real esparanto

nkt267

VOC Member
'From a resident of the home for the afflicted'
Matron has just seen your post about your problems being over!
As a poor deluded soul from the antipodes she will arrange a special room rate for as long as you own your Vincent.
Please come and join us as the only conversation here is in part numbers....AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Sorry Matron did'nt mean to shout.

Phil Baker

Non-VOC Member
Well.......................... mine STILL doesn't start!! I'm very happy for you!!!;-) Phil

Brian Magee

Forum User
VOC Member
Phil,

The reason Kevin's bike started so easily was because he was nowhere near Basingstoke. As you know when you visited me recently my Comet, usually a first timer would not start. Well the next morning it started first kick. You definitely put a jinx on it !!!

Brian