First ride this year.

Normski

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Egli doesn’t have an electric starter, it was DavidD’s suggestion to index the kickstarter lower, it may look strange but like Robert says it makes a lot of sense for the stroke of the kick to come to an end before hitting the bump stop hard and risking damage to the gearbox cover. The start of the kick is also in a more comfortable position. I think I lowered the kickstart on the D by one spline too.
AC3056F5-3ACB-46F7-9AE1-25D55B5ED9F7.jpeg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have never broke the case out yet, And I can be a bit rough sometimes !.
I can't see how you get enough swing, But as people keep telling me, I should have a softer engine,
Now I am past it !.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Well Bill, mine pictured above has 9.4:1 compression, MK2 cams, ported heads and is pretty much a one time kick. You wouldn't have to jump up as high to start the kick and my foot/leg reaches the bottom of the arc right as the mechanism reaches the stop. If there is a bit of an uphill slope on that side it also just reaches the ground at the same time, but not in an impactful way as by then it is almost a forward motion.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Well I have tried it, Up to a point !, When I was running Twin Ex pipes On 12 to one's,
But I was younger and the petrol was better,
We bent the Kicker in to an S to clear the pipes and lost a lot of leverage !.
058b.jpg

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
Nice bikes. I notice quite a few mods on them, particularly seats and rear frame to accommodate them.
I think the Rap is pretty much standard and I quite like the lines. It did have a top box on the rear carrier but took this off.
Could hear stuff bouncin' about while riding plus wasn't too keen on the look. Practical though.
The carrier (someone did say what this was but can't remember) has quite a few brackets and not really that keen on it.
Then again it's housing the indicators.
Never mind the bike! What about that lovely Jaguar with the wicked number. Where was that ?

vibrac

VOC Member
Never mind the bike! What about that lovely Jaguar with the wicked number. Where was that ?

I see lockdown fever Has affected him "never mind the bike!" indeed:p

I thought it was Ernie who said once:
"If a man is tired of Vincents
he is tired of life"
or was it Dr Johnson?:confused:

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
The New Zealand folk must be angry - as people in Melbourne (Oz) are. In Melbourne we have been on COVID lockdown for over 200 days with signs that the restrictions were to be eased tomorrow.

Last night a group of 17 or so New Zealanders sneaked into Melbourne, breaching all the lockdown restrictions - how they managed it is unknown but our PC government says they 'cannot' expel them. So it means our hope of the restrictions being lifted here tomorrow are dashed - so still no more riding, with our bikes languishing under covers in sheds till who knows when.

17 selfish idiots have a direct impact on almost 2,000,000 Melbournians!

Thanks selfish sods! Just hope you suffer consequences when you finally (if) make it back to NZ - most likely infected with COVID!

Last edited: