First ride this year.

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Yes its comfortable but somehow it doesnt chime right when you look at it
Still you cant see it when your riding and swaping out when solo doesn't take long
Not that im riding the Comet at the moment :mad:
View attachment 36689
Does Not Chime Right? Oh you mean the red handgrips and the silver speedo body or is it the polished tool tray ? No? Must be those rims then. LOL

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Norm Is a real Rider, Hot , Cold, Rain, His Kicker is set low on the splines, So not much throw,
His Egli Kicker is at right angles !!.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
That's about where I have my commencing lever set. I think it helps in two ways, first is that being in a lower position I feel you get a better initial load applied by the leg, and second is that you don't come to a sudden kick start cover breaking stop before you have completed the full stroke.

Just sayin'

IMG_4377.JPG

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have gone the other way !, We had trouble starting a friends Bike, Carb's with strange settings,
And I have had trouble with mine from time to time.
So with the Bike on centre stand, I put my left knee on the saddle, So my full weight is above the kicker and give it a bloody good swing, Spins it over a treat ! :D .
Look like a twit doing it , But "Needs Must" .
I am over 6 foot and when well, 200 lb ish.
I know I should not have to do this, And of a rule don't, I stand astride and drop the valve lifter,
But knees and things are playing up now, So need other options in case .
Bit like Colin, I want it to start sooner rather than later, Before I get tired.

vibrac

VOC Member
Does Not Chime Right? Oh you mean the red handgrips and the silver speedo body or is it the polished tool tray ? No? Must be those rims then. LOL
Silver! Don't you recognise Flash grey when you see it Martyn? I pinched it when I got the push bike Speedo on the flash.The rims have done many laps on our old Comet racer and the stainless tooltray won't scratch. I admit to fitting red grips to annoy but they match the horn and timing cover :D

danno

Non-VOC Member
Nice bikes. I notice quite a few mods on them, particularly seats and rear frame to accommodate them.
I think the Rap is pretty much standard and I quite like the lines. It did have a top box on the rear carrier but took this off.
Could hear stuff bouncin' about while riding plus wasn't too keen on the look. Practical though.
The carrier (someone did say what this was but can't remember) has quite a few brackets and not really that keen on it.
Then again it's housing the indicators.

Attachments

• 20180819_135334.jpg
    20180819_135334.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I agree Danno, I could not have top boxes and stuff, I always use an Expandable tank bag,
Always liked the look, When the Germans came to the I.O.M.
When I used to go on Holiday, I had leather throw over bags and sat on the middle of the fittings.
Just with light clothes in .

vibrac

VOC Member
Dont start me on tank bags I love them I would love a Baglux compatible Vincent system then just swapping a loaded tank bag between bikes would be real joy
Compared to some of the custom stuff people make for vincents it doesn't seem too big an ask.....

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am happy with my Lidl, Or it might have been that other cheap shop ?. Cheapo Magnetic.
But I can't use it with my, Was "D" but now "C" Special, Which is now an Alloy Tank , Beeger.

Normski

Non-VOC Member
The D was Jeff Bowen’s, I was lucky to buy it last year. He made the modified seat and rear framework, I had the seat padding adjusted and the seat recovered and fitted Commando bars with a slight rise because I’m an awkward shape! Jeff also fitted a Grosset starter which he found reliable and so far so good. Front brake is Grimeca 4 leading shoe.