First ride this year.

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Also if you have the long seat from the Spares Co the rear lifting handle may hit the back of the seat. On my twin I turned the lifting handle over which moves it backwards aroung the mudguard in relation to the seat. You have to weld a new tab on for the rear chain guard fixing or if you can find a Comet lifting handle turning it over puts the tab on the correct right hand side.
Huh? There is only one lifting handle between singles and twins. Turning it over is exactly how the “twin” lifting handle is fitted to a single. The chain guards, of course, are on opposite sides of the bike, twin vs single. If you look at a single, the handle is already “moved backwards”, by being turned around, which puts the tab on the “wrong side” relative to a twin. You still need to weld a new tab on the other leg, to fit the handle in that same orientation, with the handle towards the back relative to the hinge itself, on a twin.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
There is a ring of brake type stuff round the 2 drums , Tighten the knob to damp the suspension,
I leave mine loose and oil the brake stuff, But I loctite the knob or it will fall off !!.
Shown is the "B" frame that does not have the hydraulic damper !!.

Attachments

• MO22.gif
    MO22.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 18

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Huh? There is only one lifting handle between singles and twins. Turning it over is exactly how the “twin” lifting handle is fitted to a single. The chain guards, of course, are on opposite sides of the bike, twin vs single. If you look at a single, the handle is already “moved backwards”, by being turned around, which puts the tab on the “wrong side” relative to a twin. You still need to weld a new tab on the other leg, to fit the handle in that same orientation, with the handle towards the back relative to the hinge itself, on a twin.
Steve,
Only repeating what someone said to me that they had turned over a lifting handle from a Comet, maybe they weren't talking about using it with a long seat in which case my mistake. It makes sense as I can't see the factory making a special two different lifting handles when one will do almost the same job.:) With the AVO monoshock fitted and the long seat there was no way the handle wasn't gooing to hit the back of the seat. I had to weld a new tab on my stay when I turned it over. The improvement in the comfort level was welcomed by my numbr one passenger.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes its comfortable but somehow it doesnt chime right when you look at it
Still you cant see it when your riding and swaping out when solo doesn't take long
Not that im riding the Comet at the moment :mad:
1597329726008.png

Colin

VOC Member
:rolleyes:
Better luck next time Ernie & Gill.
"Blessed is (s)he who expecteth the worst for him/her shall I not disappoint"
1st book of Pessimists Ch1 vrs1

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
It's the big seat. It's the sensible choice, but they look just a bit out of balance somehow.
Same on a Rapide, whether with stock struts or full suspension.

Eye of the beholder and all that, of course. Maybe it's just whatever your eyes get used to.

Glen

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You don't have much swing on your kickstarts Norm,
How do you start it ? Find the right cylinder or Just drop the vale lifter ?.
Cheers Bill.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
And the other interesting mods. Seat? I suppose the bike is a "D" but with "C"isms and other mods. My D fits in that category too. I guess the sub-frame has been extended, right? The kick start looks normal to me. Yes, tell us more. Looks like a very nice package.
Gary