First ride this year.

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I just spotted Martyn's 'Black Bikes Matter' brilliant, well done Aussie friends, sorry about your continual lockdown and soiled beaches, I thought we were the only Country with such Ignorance............

kerry

VOC Member
Nice ride out again, second time this week, , on my own today, C Shadow, it's first time out this year, behaved very nicely, even started second kick. very smooth engine with not a hint of vibration. Pictured here today at RAF Henlow.
WP_20200714_13_53_56_Pro.jpg

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Hi Kerry,
You're not far from me, so if you fancy a longer run then let me know and I'll put the kettle on :D

Neil

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Neil, Tomorrow it's 'old bikes at the old George' would be nice to meet there ? I intend to be 6.45 ish on
(Ickleford).

A_HRD

VOC Member
A nice Hawker Hunter in the background. First flight (prototype) 20 July 1951 (69 years ago!). Retired from military service July 2014 - not a bad record! And Henlow was where I started my military service! Thanks for the memory. Nice practical Shadow too Kerry...
Peter B

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
First ride of the year on the beastie, From above !, More support with a standard seat, Than the Honda one.
Started well and still goes like stink !, Too fast for owner :D .

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_132425 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200729_132425 (2).jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 57

kerry

VOC Member
Nice looking bike Bill, I am just checking tyre pressures for tonight's 'Old Bikes at the old George' 100 bikes last week, Good job I checked, pressures both were down to 15psi ! I changed valves but as others say must be poor inner tubes.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Kerry, It's my Old Racer, With lights and alternator.
My rear tyre is the same, Been scaring me for about 3 years, I nearly took it off in the early days,
To see if I nipped it :) , Pretty sure I hadn't, My luck I would have nipped it the second time,
Funny how they don't all do it, Some more than the others.
I always use the best tube I can get.
Have Fun tonight.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Bill, you've probably told me twice already, but what is the black item on the lower Girdraulic leg?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Bruce , It holds the pick up for the magnetic speedo, "Bicycle type", It goes up to 99.8 mph then stops !.
Don't ask me how I know :)
Funny someone on here said he thought he was going well, Thought he was going faster :D ,
He will never know !.
You can set them for KPH, There are better ones now, But I am happy .
Also tells you average speed , Highest speed , Clock etc.
But if you are pulled up by the FUZZ reset it quick !!.
Was thinking of gluing it, Might be neater, But I have just fitted a "D" stand and Standard seat, So that's enough for now, Other jobs to do, Must do the 560.