First ride this year.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nice day for a ride, My lovely Comet was the choice, Don't feel strong enough for a Twin today,
The Comet is very forgiving !!, Never get rid of your Comet !!.
But don't expect to find Toilets !!, When you get there, What are these people thinking of, Lucky for me I had a thought
that would be the case and did not go far :) .

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_140016 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200713_140016 (2).jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 108

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I must be getting OLD !, Funny the rear suspension is not so bad if you do some mod's
like we talked about the other day, Just make sure everything can move and a bit of lube on the lower seat fittings, We don't need any damping if you have a damper between the springs.
I have followed some Vin's and they are almost rigid !.

kerry

VOC Member
Yesterday, Sunny Sunday, 5 of us had a ride out, first to Shuttleworth to try and support them, no chance, still closed, so off to Jordans Mill near Biggleswade, very welcoming, cafe open, got our orders and sat by the river and mill, many folk admiring Gerry's 1924 V Twin AJS and even more liked the locally made Black Prince ! then back on the Prince for its first longish run in 15 years or so, very nice bike and a very first proper ride out since the lock down for us, soft ride on the Vinnie too with it's Avo rear end.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Yesterday, Sunny Sunday, 5 of us had a ride out, first to Shuttleworth to try and support them, no chance, still closed, so off to Jordans Mill near Biggleswade, very welcoming, cafe open, got our orders and sat by the river and mill, many folk admiring Gerry's 1924 V Twin AJS and even more liked the locally made Black Prince ! then back on the Prince for its first longish run in 15 years or so, very nice bike and a very first proper ride out since the lock down for us, soft ride on the Vinnie too with it's Avo rear end.
Sounds idyllic. Let us hope we can all be out and about soon without restrictions to enjoy those "Sunny Sundays".

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes I called in Shuttleworth a few days ago cafe not open, note from 2/7/2020 buried in web site 'not open'

kerry

VOC Member
It is a shame they don't get the restaurant and the staff back to work, it's those nice people I feel sorry for, Shuttleworth has so much space with many outdoor tables too, Jordan's mill were doing their best without as much space as Shuttleworth and were welcoming too, Not sure if you know but we also have 'Old bikes at the old George' (Ickleford) Wednesday evenings if the weather is good, should have started last week but too wet, after the shutdown I would like to support them too because they really have struggled.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Sorry to hear that Martyn, I was a bit afraid that will be the case here,
I was not really well enough to go out, But I had to !, Just for an hour.
If you saw what people left on our beaches, Because there were NO Toilets, There will be something much worse than Covid ??.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
First rally done in Germany.
Next week for france.

You lot must have had a real bad time.

Company Orders are picking up as well.
Only my Chinese customes are not allowed in EU....