First ride this year.

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've had a bicycle type speedo on the Godet Egli for a long time now. Highest speed, average speed, and time I find indispensable now.
As good as any and about the cheapest is from Halfords. (Other bike speedos are available)
Went out on my BMW R100R for 180 miles recently. It has now got FAR too heavy for me, but Wendy's "twist and go" 125 Peugeot Tweet (silly name) is my favoured ride at the moment:) Cruises two up at 50/60 mph, will do 70 if really abused, and around 90 mpg : what's not to like?:rolleyes: (Never thought I would say this about a "poofy"[can I say that in these PC times] scooter)
Sorry about this on a Vincent Forum!!!o_O

vibrac

VOC Member
Bill dont be ashamed! I am far worse :eek: now the Comet has messed its pants my favorite at the moment is a clone of the bike I first bought new in 1960....
1597249831404.png

Interesting Vincent point is the seat is close to a Vincent shape but its mattress sprung as well as Dunlop style foam so its very comfortable. And there was me with a T shirt "I'd rather eat worms than ride a two stroke";)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Bill dont be ashamed! I am far worse :eek: now the Comet has messed its pants my favorite at the moment is a clone of the bike I first bought new in 1960....
View attachment 36654
Interesting Vincent point is the seat is close to a Vincent shape but its mattress sprung as well as Dunlop style foam so its very comfortable. And there was me with a T shirt "I'd rather eat worms than ride a two stroke";)
All you have to do is put a spot of R in
the tank. And dream.

danno

Non-VOC Member
soft ride on the Vinnie too with it's Avo rear end.

Interested in the Avo thing mentioned. Is that a fairly straightforward swap? Don’t want to turn this into a suspension thread but my C Rapide is a bone shaker.
Sidecar springs have been swapped over to Konis I think but it feels like a rigid frame.

timetraveller

VOC Member
£200 from AVO and a couple of struts to support the rear of the seat and that is it. There are several fancier and more robust ways of supporting the seat but almost anything will allow you to test it. Be prepared to spend some time optimising the combination of spring preload and damper setting.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Sunday before last I had my first ride of the year on my "B" rap got to the destination and all felt good, an excellent show of bikes VMCC meet first Sunday of the month, when I came to come home there was a graunch when I pressed the starter button then just clicks ! negative terminal found a little lose, tightened, bike started but graunched again so didn't dare stop on way home. Stripped it down and four teeth broken off the sprag wheel, email to Trevor & Francois, Trevor was first to reply return to me, first class post and was back to me by Thursday and I hadn't even finished polishing my exhaust system, fantastic service. I think whilst at the meeting someone had moved my advance & retard lever but didn't notice it backfire.