First ride out in 2021

Mike 40M

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
How to choose.
Depending on where to go, distance and how much time available.
On trackdays usually the Ninja.
On race usually the Manx and maybe the CB250, the RDLC or the RG if my son don't race them..
On gravel roads one of the BSAs.
On short trips the 16H which is even easier to start than the Comet but slow.
On touring of course the Comet. Which is also the favourite of my younger friends. One even rode it to his wedding.
IMG_0168.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
Well I bit the bullet I dug out a pair of higher wider bars and got a Burman touring bar clutch cable from Vincent Spares its now fitted on the Bramptons and I will try that next week and see how I like it. The dip switch/ indicator/ horn control is a bit central but I wont add the extra wire lengths till I am happy with the bar position.
It was only after I fitted it and sat on it in the garage and then took out the BMW GS that realized where that riding position came from o_O
Searching for suitable bars I cannot believe how many types I have got. I even found a pair of ace bars I bent at Silverstone in the 60's

vibrac

VOC Member
A short ride but I think I have cracked it! I used a set of alloy bars from a TY175 we had when Ben was starting out in schoolboy trials with a bit of black paint they approximate touring bars(and save weight!) I will get full feed back after I go on a wrinklies run later in the week, but I think its worth putting a few inches of wiring in the dip switch lead to place it above the little "valve lifter" lever.
There must be a lot of guys thinking their bikes are getting too big, too uncomfortable and have imprecise steering perhaps they should get a life behind bars !
As usual apologies for the red hand grips and the Grey (flash) speedo :)
1623757386225.jpeg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
A short ride but I think I have cracked it! I used a set of alloy bars from a TY175 we had when Ben was starting out in schoolboy trials with a bit of black paint they approximate touring bars(and save weight!) I will get full feed back after I go on a wrinklies run later in the week, but I think its worth putting a few inches of wiring in the dip switch lead to place it above the little "valve lifter" lever.
There must be a lot of guys thinking their bikes are getting too big, too uncomfortable and have imprecise steering perhaps they should get a life behind bars !
As usual apologies for the red hand grips and the Grey (flash) speedo :)
View attachment 42922
I had to change 3 standard bars for Norton Commando ones.
But I cut them up and made a D type
Centre Stand. So not too bad.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
In days gone by I had a road going, road registered Yamaha TY250, fabulous little bike, my lads loved it as they progressed from Italjets, and Yamaha TY80s, I regret moving it on now, as I do everything I have ever owned, thank goodness the Vincent survived.