First ride out in 2021

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I can only say that we made the tour with Standard B and C Twins ,half sprung passenger seats and the Ladys were smiling all the day.

vibrac

VOC Member
One can only hope the roads in Germany are in better shape than the roads in the England, if they are not the lady on the pillion seat will not be smiling for long.
We should vote on the worst UK county for bad roads my vote is Bucks

erik

VOC Member
More imaginations

Attachments

• IMG_2202[1].MOV
    2.5 MB
  • IMG_2204[1].JPG
    IMG_2204[1].JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2205[1].JPG
    IMG_2205[1].JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 30

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
It is incredible how tolerant and resilient some ladies are, after one ride on my standard Rapide 30 years ago my wife let it be known in no uncertain terms that I needed to sort the suspension out, she knew absolutely nothing about standard Vincents, fully sprung Vincents or Series D Vincents, but she did know that if we were to do any serious motorcycling something had to done with the pillion seating arrangement, I duly obliged and she has been blissfully happy ever since, except when I had the use of Nigel, the Club Series A Comet, even an Airhawk saddle cushion did not alleviate her misery.

Mike 40M

VOC Member
Finally time for the Comet, nothing more needed than adjusting tyre pressure. Started easily as usual and rode a few miles. The most comfortable bike I have.
Had been busy starting up the Manx, the Ninja, the WD16H, the B40WD, the B44VS and the RG racer.
All now ready for road or track.
Sunny and quite warm so will take out the Comet for some more miles instead of servicing the Venom.
Some sunny days I wonder if I spend too much time working on the bikes instead of riding them.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What a Collection !, How do you choose which to ride, The one nearest the Door ? :D .
Shame they didn't Make the Comet a 600 cc, It just needs a bit MORE to make it better.
I do find the Twin a bit of a Beast now.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Finally time for the Comet, nothing more needed than adjusting tyre pressure. Started easily as usual and rode a few miles. The most comfortable bike I have.
Had been busy starting up the Manx, the Ninja, the WD16H, the B40WD, the B44VS and the RG racer.
All now ready for road or track.
Sunny and quite warm so will take out the Comet for some more miles instead of servicing the Venom.
Some sunny days I wonder if I spend too much time working on the bikes instead of riding them.
Comfort....
I am coming to believe that comfort on a Vincent is a matter of fractions of an inch my Comet with Bramptons and fully sprung seat seems to give me back ache after 20 miles I feel 'on' it with my hands lower on the Vincent straights than I ever found on a vincent before it is almost like a series D position (I rebuilt one from a basket case once hated its riding position too tall) but this Comet is not tall, to finally confuse me I sat on an original B rap today (Girdraulics)and felt as if I was 'in' it not 'on' it much better my seat has standard front fixings and the seat looks horizontal as I say fractions of an ince that or I need touring bars.
At least my MK1 Cammy Velo is the epitome of comfortable position perhaps I should copy that.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
It could be your back that is the problem, I have many of them that I never had in my youth, numb hands being one of them, also get them when cycling, I am chasing that problem at moment, different handlebars, seat position, saddle, grips etc. In reality the problem is me! I first noticed the problem when I purchased a Ducati 750S and it killed my wrists. BTW the Vincent must be one of the most comfortable bikes out there, there is so much personalised adjustment available, I love it as much now as I did 56 years ago when I purchased it. GRMS.