First ride out in 2021

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Found a new resting ! place,
Looks like the " Outback in OZ " Or is my mind going too ?.

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_140149 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210527_140149 (2).jpg
    602 KB · Views: 34

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Looks like a little to the west of the Barrington tops to me Bill, Hastings Ranges, Kerry Packer country -know exactly what you mean -mind you, no Elm trees, they still have 'em out there -Bike is getting there before you ask, been sooo busy with work ...richness = float too high, bagged a 229F may fit that instead, and have done with the 930 Premiere carb. Just need a flange ET32/3, So still testing and getting leaner on every adjustment though. Really can't wait to get out now and run it in properly, be frustrating for many to have a slow moving roadblock doing 45-50 max, traffic here is pretty impatient, rush, rush (Old South Wales for all it's wonders is the world epicentre of Hoonville -but we all did some of it I'm sure, but its at another level where I am).

Last edited:

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Hearing all the bikes go past heading in and out of Wales, and we do have some magnificent roads near us -couldn't wait so Yup -gave that slide a good shave, 1/8" very slight = still rich, so bent the tangs on the float, I believe it's all the later type, sure it must be. So yet to test... but think that will probably do it. Seems to be the pilot circuit, think slide will be fine, and can then get out of the garden. Does Ride well around the garden, plenty of power - it's a good unit, but its hardly the open roads you aspire for during and after a build...

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Well if it goes round the garden !, You are Almost /Nearly there :D .
Love to see it, Sent me a Video Please.
I may hear what the trouble is, Don't Laugh !, My Brother In Law, Rang me from Devon one day ,
His Jag' would not start, The AA couldn't get it going, So I told Him what to do,
Air filter off, hold the S.U. Pistons half way up, And get someone to turn it over on the Key,
So Funny when it started !.

I love Wales, Dorset has way too much Traffic, Love to move to Devon, Fat Chance.

vibrac

VOC Member
I am starting to love this electric start on the Comet I have a few rides to do this week so I went to my always open nearest petrol station (10 miles) rather than my beloved distant Esso. The station petrol logo is called 'apple green' (I keep wanting to call it Soyent Green) I guess (you have to guess) even the premium has ethanol in it, but its a busy week so the horrid green stuff will be through my tank within the week. The crutch rocket brigade were there round the air pump and took the normal sadistic interest in an old bike and waited to see the starting antics of the 'old codger'. I hardly touched the red button and it started thump thump thump, Burman crunch into first and I rattled away, The suns shining, I think summer has started:)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I had a friend in the 70s Who came and showed off his new bike,
He always bought the latest super thingy,
He used to put it in gear before starting, But I would make Him turn it off start then put it in gear,
Always worth a laugh !.
Can't you do that with the new Comet one ?.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
It depends on the route the electric motor drives through. On a Grossett start twin, it is via the gearbox so if it in gear the motor will make the bike jump forward even if the clutch is disengaged.
I don't know about the Comet setup. If it drives on the engine side of the clutch you would be able to put it in gear first.