• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

First ride on my Vincent after 2 years away from it

Nigel Spaxman

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
My Vincent has been off the road for about 2 years. During that time I have been riding and enjoying a Yamaha FJR1300ES..smooth, powerful, laden with electronic wizardry and incredibly comfortable.
Yesterday I rode the Vincent..every bump in the road was felt along with the vibration of the engine. I fear the Vincent as a bike to ride even occasionally days are numbered….I have fallen out of love with it.
My friend Lyle wants to buy a Vincent twin. If you want to sell yours contact me and I will connect you with Lyle. I love my Vincent. I find I prefer riding it to modern bikes. This summer I sold my 2000 Triumph Sprint and bought an 84 Guzzi Lemans instead. I think the Guzzi is really about as modern as I want to go. The most modern bike I have is a Honda VTR 1000. I think I will keep that one. I would be lucky to get more than $2500 for it anyway.

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
My friend Lyle wants to buy a Vincent twin. If you want to sell yours contact me and I will connect you with Lyle. I love my Vincent. I find I prefer riding it to modern bikes. This summer I sold my 2000 Triumph Sprint and bought an 84 Guzzi Lemans instead. I think the Guzzi is really about as modern as I want to go. The most modern bike I have is a Honda VTR 1000. I think I will keep that one. I would be lucky to get more than $2500 for it anyway.
Nigel, Thankyou…I have a person here in the colonies who has first right of refusal should I choose to sell it.
I’m sending the bike to one of the Vincent gods to be caressed for a few months. Upon its return I shall ride & decide..maybe.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories