First ride for the season

Jorgen Rutegard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Today started with a couple of hours cross country skiing in the forests north of our little town in northern Sweden. Minus degrees and fresh snow.
After returning home it was time to take out the Twin for the first ride. I have made some minor adjustments during the winter; oil change, valve checking, grinding the petrol taps with Autosol to get them stop leaking etc. My dear wife did not like the smell in the garage.
The machine started willingly and after having provided fresh fuel in the tank and air in the tyres I had a nice trip in sun, wind and some degrees above zero on dry roads, although at some places with patches of sand after the winter. Great! I look forward to much more Vincent riding this season.:)

deejay499

VOC Member
Hi Jorgen.
Nice to hear that you are getting out & about, considering where you live and the weather. I guess it must be quite a short riding season. Recent weather in S.E.England has been sunny and warm and I have managed a couple of nice rides solo and outfit. Hope it keeps fine for you from now.
Cheers, Dave

Albervin

VOC Member
:pWe are just heading into our riding & rally season down here. From Autumn through Winter & into Spring we have days of 16ºC to 20ºC with low humidity. Just fine for the old bikes. Of course when we head into the hills the temp. drops to single figures but that means more horsepower, doesn't it?

Alan J

VOC Member
There is a lovely photo of a Swede on a twenties B.S.A. sidevalve [just like mine] in this months Vintage magazine riding in the snow!-you can't get much keener than that!