First Proper Ride Today...

G

Graham Smith

37D6BC33-314A-4507-8964-529338AF9CF9.jpeg

Not a Vincent I know, but I’m really proud of my eldest lad @Josh Smith today.

Having spent a year on his 1973 Yamaha FS1-E, he’s now graduated onto his 1979 Yamaha RD125DX.

He would’ve been riding his Vincent NSU Fox, but the insurance is crazy expensive.

We’ve had a few mechanical issues to deal with on the RD, but hopefully they’re all behind us now.

I might try and get out on it tomorrow to see what it’s like!

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
View attachment 32997

Not a Vincent I know, but I’m really proud of my eldest lad @Josh Smith today.

Having spent a year on his 1973 Yamaha FS1-E, he’s now graduated onto his 1979 Yamaha RD125DX.

He would’ve been riding his Vincent NSU Fox, but the insurance is crazy expensive.

We’ve had a few mechanical issues to deal with on the RD, but hopefully they’re all behind us now.

I might try and get out on it tomorrow to see what
it’s like!
Well done Josh.

Colin

VOC Member
Just SORNED a bike and the Camper, so we "oldies " are out and about on our pedal bikes, for 10/20 miles every day in the country lanes of rural Kent. No problem keeping a "social distance" in these lanes, yesterday all we saw were two pheasants, a squirrel, and a big yellow tractor, in a nearby field! Somewhat chilly and pedalling into a strong northeasterly wind or up our steep hills can be hard going.

Psst. We did" electrocute " our Bromptons a few months back, so a little help from the motors from time to time, did not go amiss!!! ;)

Well done @Josh Smith anyway:D

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Mightily tempted to break quarantine here!
In fact we are not quarantined, just advised to do essential travel only. It's not in law and a few Harleys still hatch out each day at the precise point when 12degrees C is reached.
Not wanting to become part of the problem, I've left the bikes sitting, for now.
With the hospitals only at 55% of capacity and Covid19 hospitalizations low & falling, we might get a riding season in afterall.
Here in BC we have a great little lady running the show, Dr. Bonnie Henry. The Politicians have gotten out of her way, which was a wise decision.
It's working.

Glen

Last edited:

Whiteshadow15

Non-VOC Member
My rapide is getting its engine built but thankfully I have a backup to enjoy. The weather is finally coming around so was able to shake of the dust and ride to work, always enjoyed a wide variety of machines and the 180hp certainly provides endless entertainment.
004B1B4C-AAFD-4BCC-B809-3B435686683A.jpeg