• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Finnish Police Chase

peter holmes

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Tim, What am I missing here, an entertaining Police chase, made all the more remarkable considering the motorcycle being chased doesn't exactly look to be built for speed and agility, and is carrying a pillion passenger, the chase ends up when the rider being chased lays his bike down, the police find their man, despite him making a run for it, the police motorcyclist then looks into his camera, what is the surprise, what am I missing?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I would love to know what the Bike was in front, Went well with a passenger !.
Surely not an H.D. ?.

vibrac

VOC Member
I would love to know what the Bike was in front, Went well with a passenger !.
Surely not an H.D. ?.
That was what I wondered it's top speed was impressive I thought the cops bike accelerated faster and then I saw it had a passenger no it could not be an HD

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think it was a V Twin, With open Twin long Pipes.
Reminded me of White Knuckle Rides on the back of Ron's "A" Twin :) ,
But I couldn't get enough !.
I don't know how blokes can ride like that with a Passenger,
It's all I can do to balance just myself :).
That Cop's Bike sounded like Bag of Nails !.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes I have seen these do 1/4 mile sprinting and they are Quick,
Plus you can get all sorts of tuning and bigger engines.
But I don't think the Rider will live long, He used up his 9 lives !!.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I do wonder if that was where Bernard Li would have finished up with his Black Lightning and Black Eagle project there was talk of a Honda RC51 engine but it was an American project.
Fate intervened however

peter holmes

VOC Member
Maybe not quite as exciting as the police chase, but at least you are watching a Vincent being ridden carefully, and not thrown down the road at the end, this is Sue and myself leaving The Bell Inn at Aldworth, Berkshire, just been voted the best pub in the UK, followed and filmed by my good friend Tony Hooton riding his Triumph Tiger 800 triple. This was a few years ago before we were quite rightly in my opinion confined to barracks. I have tried every which way to upload this video, now I give up, I seem to be blocked from doing so by WEBLOC, anyway if you want to see it try "Aldworth to Henley. Vincent and a Tiger" on youtube