Festival of 1000 Bikes

G

Graham Smith

Tracey - the VOC aren't having an 'official' stand at the 1000 Bikes this year, as we've a stand at the VJMCC Show again.

However, I understand one of the Sections is running something.

Paul Adams is your man for more information.

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you don't fancy all that noise and fumes come to the Suffolk Summer Rally which is the same weekend.:)

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Dear Tracy, Our Suffolk Rally has been held for last two years on a lush green meadow behind the The Chequers Inn, Kettleburgh. They have a website which gives some idea of the place. Just type in "Kettleburgh Chequers" on your search engine. We always aim for a relaxing weekend. Normally,we have a Saturday morning run to somewhere of interest. This year I'm hoping arrange a tour of the area in a restored 1930's Dennis bus-but that's to be confirmed.
The village in set in the countryside some three miles from the historic town of Framingham which in turn is a few miles off the Ipswich-Gt.Yarmouth main road (A12). It would be a long journey for you but if you decide to come you can be assured of a warm welcome.:)

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Hi Len,

I just did the route on Google maps and it's about 250 miles!

We could avoid the motorway for most of the journey.I can ask John Appleton for route advice.

The Chequers looks like a nice Pub.
Very tempting.

Tracey.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Come to Suffolk

Tracey

You should also bear in mind that, unlike your part of the country, it never rains on any of Len's rallies.

Pete

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Cheeky! ;)

We are having a heatwave today, but rest assured the rain will be back for the weekend as we have a Rally on.

Tracey.